Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Lamenting the Loss of Grace

Joe Wilson, the Congressman from South Carolina, recently called the President of the United States a liar in front of the congress and the entire nation. This represents a new low in public discourse and public behavior. Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck commit acts of sedition almost daily on their TV and radio broadcasts and their outrageous behavior is sanctioned by the right while being tolerated by the left. Where is our sense of indignation? What has happened to our sense of right and wrong; to what we once viewed as common decency?

I chose to create this blog to lament the loss of grace in our society. As a southern white male I was taught to be courteous to everyone, to practice good manners at all times, and to respect the rights and opinions of others -- even if I disagreed. These values have been all but lost in today's society.

This is my forum for saying what I think about our public behavior and the lack of common courtesy and grace that I witness everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment